Mr. Hilland has experience in criminal cases including theft cases, DUI, and drug offenses. Did you know that with a “Civil Compromise” (Like Michael Jackson used) in most cases your criminal theft case can go away if you pay the victim back for what was stolen? A judge must approve the settlement, but they nearly always do. That way it won’t even appear on your record.